Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Holidays


I thought that seeing it is officially schoolholidays now, I should share some a poems about school holidays.
Enjoy!


Goodbye, quizzes!
Bye, reports!
Hello days packed full of sports
and days when I’m just lazybones
while eating melty ice cream cones.

Goodbye, homework --
Lunchroom, too.
There’s so, so much stuff to do.
I know the school year flew on past…
But please, please summer -- last and last.


Today's my favourite holiday,
A day to sing and dance and play,
A day to laugh and jump and run,
A day for having loads of fun.

Today's the day I celebrate.
I'm overjoyed. I'm feeling great!
I'll throw a party, have a ball,
Invite a friend, invite them all!

We'll play a game. We'll play a sport.
We'll frolic, rollick, romp, cavort.
We'll celebrate all over town.
We'll party till the sun goes down.

Another favourite holiday
Just happened only yesterday.
And, yes, tomorrow, strange but true,
Will surely be my favourite too.

You want to know how there could be
So many holidays for me?
It's simple. See, to qualify
A day just has to end in"Y."







I could
ride my bike,
plait my hair,
go and call on
Paul and Claire,

Clean the budgie,
walk the dog,
practise handstands,
go for a job,

Read a book,
watch TV,
help my Dad
cook the tea.

All these things
and many more
I'll do tomorrow,
that's for sure.

But today instead
I'm staying in bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment